Yes. I am guilty of the cardinal blogging sin. So,in penance, prepare yourself for the longest blog post EVER. Here are the adventures of my summer in a nutshell.
May: Hike up Fergusen Canyon for Enrichment. Beautiful canyon just south of Big Cottonwood Canyon.

May: Lindsay's birthday. Now we were all 23! Shellie and I made her “Better than Anything” cake. . . chocolate cake with condensed milk, covered w/ whipped cream, caramel topping , and Heath pieces. Intense.Yum.
June - August: ballroom dancing. Our stake offered weekly lessons by a professional couple; Shellie and I attended faithfully. After avoiding dance forever, I finally decided to give it a chance. . . and it turned out to be a really good experience which I enjoyed. It DID teach me to have empathy for kids in my class who might not catch on as fast as the others . . . ;) It was tricky at first, but after getting the hang of it it was a lot of fun. Yay!
June(?): Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Beautiful.
June: Shellie's birthday. Lindsey and I made Shellie a surprise birthday breakfast.
June-July: cooking random things. Pizza! My half has the mushrooms. And our favorite - German Pancakes! This one was especially poofy, so I had to document it.
June: Shellie and I may or may not have gone to see the Hannah Montana movie at the dollar theater. Yes, I am 23. 
June: Arts Festival. A friend in the ward invited me to come to the Arts festival in downtown SLC. There were lots of artists displaying their work, music, dancers, etc. Below is a picture from a polynesian groups dance performance, and a picture of me in front of a wall made out of origami.


July: the great 20-miler! It ended up being only 18 for me and Sam; Dad and Alex finishing out the entire 20. It was a beautiful hike in the Naturalist Basin of the Uintahs – many lakes. It was a LOT of hiking and I was definitely sore at the end, but worth it. Alex freaked me when he thought he saw a bear- but it ended up just being a big old hairy dog. Good times.

July – Moonlight Madness bike ride on Antelope Island. Long story short – the people I was going to go with/meet up with didn’t work out, so I rode by myself. It started at 10 PM on the north end of Antelope Island. I followed the group of bikers ahead of me up the WRONG hill, and we had to back track a bit. After that it was a great ride – not too hot with breeze from the lake, an almost full moon, and a string of bike headlights lighting up the edge of the island. Then, about 2/3 of the way down the island, my chain seized up, so I walked ran to the end, arriving DEAD last. Woohoo! (A few nice people tried to help me fix it along the way – no luck.) Luckily, I got a ride back on a truck, which was okay with me, because I was tired anyway. An adventure. And, now my bike is dead. Sad day! (No, this is not my bike. I wish.)

July: Harry Potter Premier. Ever since Shellie became my roommate during student teaching last fall, she’s been excited for the Harry Potter movie to come out. So, of course, we went to the midnight showing. Note the lighting scars and my “Hermione hair.”


July: Emma's visit! Emma is from Pennsylvania and was our roommate during student teaching. She had been in the Ukraine teaching English, and stayed with us for a day after she got back. It was good to see her again and we are crossing our fingers that she gets a teaching job out here in Utah and can live with us again.


August: Beauty and the Beast. Our friend in the ward was in this musical, so we went to see it. (No, he is not Robin Hood; he is "the prince's friend.") The cast did a great job, almost as good as Woods Cross :). The lead was the same girl who starred in Rigoletto and had a beautiful voice.


1 comment:
looks like you had an amazing summer! haha and i am glad that you posted on your blog! you are amazing!
Post a Comment