
Yeoun Hee is one of the students I tutor at the reading center and has become my friend over the semester. A few weeks ago, she invited me to dinner with her and her husband, and made an amazing meal of Korean food - barbecue beef, Korean pancake (like a pancake/omelette with seafood in it), sticky rice, mandu, and more. So good! I asked her to teach me how to make mandu, which we did this past weekend. Mandu is basically a mixture of vegetables and pork fried in wonton shells. Mmm!!
When I first arrived, her husband was eating dinner, and they fed me again - this time including dried squid, sticky rice, and - Uncle Jed, you will be proud of me - kimchi (below). I was suprised at it's taste - not too bad!

Several of my students at the reading center are Korean, and I love working with them. I can see why returned missionaries come home all excited about the culture that they served in and with a deep love of the people there. I feel like my students teach me just as much, if not more, than I teach them.
1 comment:
Jed loves kimchi! We'll have to exchange some korean cooking when you are our way next!
Post a Comment